Thursday, March 17, 2011

be-attitudes

[i know, a lot of posts tonight. but i been thinking]

this is a comment i posted on the breakfast nook, another (anq) blog i like. it was in reply to a post about the beatitudes. i just read it and it ministered to me =) . . . something i noticed. BEATTITUDES. attitudes to be . . . be this attitude . . . strive for it . . . anyways, check out the comment:

I have loved the beatitudes since I was young, for one main reason--they reward us for our heart and not necessarily our actions.

I feel like Paul in Romans 7:18-22. I love God so much, and I want to love what He loves and hate what He hates. Yet no matter how much I want to do right, I can’t. I continue to do the things I hate even when I know it’s wrong. It breaks my heart. Thank God for His grace carrying me.

And that’s why I love this passage. My favorite beatitude is “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Because God knows my heart. He knows when I am truly defying Him or when it is just my sinful nature or when I am doing it unintentionally.

And I want to see my Father. Even if I can’t see Him with mortal eyes, I want to bathe in His Presence unscathed when that time comes. And so I strive to keep my heart pure, check my motives, so even when the war between my sinful nature and the Holy Spirit wages, if my sinful nature wins that particular battle, it will not win the war for my heart.

For my heart belongs to God.

Oh Lord, restore my heart. that fred hammond clean heart. help me to do that israel houghton moving forward. and help me to turn to you heart, spirit, soul, body, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment