Saturday, September 17, 2011

the equation

my last post was about contentment. [and since i believe that my study and meditation will be ongoing, will never end, that means i can go back as much as i want lol.]

as i was saying, my last post was about contentment. and i realized something. i said previously that contentment wasnt one of the things i was "supposed" to be studying, but it was the one thing i really really wanted to accomplish.

then i realized something: im supposed to be focusing on peace. and as i draw closer to God and seek peace from Him, i find my life changing.

im more grateful.
i dont complain as often.
i appreciate more things more.
i see the small, amazing things He does.
im taking better care of myself, and liking it.
im feeling better, more hopeful about my future.

im gaining peace.

and as i gain peace, i get more & more content in who i am as a person, who i am in Christ, my life and how it has been in the past, my life and the direction it is going now.

peace from God = contentment.

[now, contentment should not be confused with complacency. you can appreciate the stage youre in now and have joy, but strive for better. we always strive for better.]

No comments:

Post a Comment